TRANSRACIAL FAMILY COACHING
I am a cultural and race identity coach, supporting transracial families in creating a safe space of belonging for all family members.
I offer individual coaching sessions (not therapeutic services) that are guided by:
- My 30 years of education, personal experiences and empathetic listening.
- Your family’s needs, challenges, and successes around cultural and race identity.
- Individualized action plan based on your family’s situation.
Consulting session topics may include (but not limited to) the following:
- How to create a bicultural home for your black or biracial child(ren).
- How to talk to family members about your decision and your expectations.
- How to find mentors for you and/or your children.
- How to care for black skin and hair.
- Knowledge of relevant cultural history and values needed for positive race identity.
Using my experiences as a mama of 5 biracial children and my degrees in child development and education, I am passionate about supporting families in created spaces of belonging.
Consulting topics support where:
- children develop habits of belonging (including self acceptance/belonging) and self-advocacy.
- parents support their children in becoming more independent, compassionate and socially engaged.
- families who are interested in tackling hard conversations and tough issues but are not sure how to begin.
I also offer consulting sessions (not therapeutic services) offering strategies and practical action for families with children who:
- have executive functioning issues
- have been diagnosed with ADHD
Parenting Sessions are offered for individual families or a monthly group virtual coaching program. Click on the consulting packages to see what work best for you and your family.
Schedule a Discovery Call.