TRANSRACIAL FAMILY CONSULTING
I am a cultural and race identity coach, supporting transracial families in creating a safe space of belonging for all family members.
I offer individual coaching sessions (not therapeutic services) that are guided by:
- My 30 years of education, personal experiences and empathetic listening.
- Your family’s needs, challenges, and successes around cultural and race identity.
- Individualized action plan based on your family’s situation.
Consulting session topics may include (but not limited to) the following:
- How to create a bicultural home for your black or biracial child(ren).
- How to talk to family members about your decision and your expectations.
- How to find mentors for you and/or your children.
- How to care for black skin and hair.
- Knowledge of relevant cultural history and values needed for positive race identity.
Using my experiences as a mama of 5 biracial children and my degrees in child development and education, I am passionate about supporting families in created spaces of belonging.
Consulting topics support where:
- children develop habits of belonging (including self acceptance/belonging) and self-advocacy.
- parents support their children in becoming more independent, compassionate and socially engaged.
- families who are interested in tackling hard conversations and tough issues but are not sure how to begin.
I also offer consulting sessions (not therapeutic services) offering strategies and practical action for families with children who:
- have executive functioning issues
- have been diagnosed with ADHD
Parenting Sessions are offered for individual families or monthly group virtual coaching calls. Click on the consulting packages to see what work best for you and your family.